Sending a newsletter within two weeks is unusual - this is more of an update, and I thought I would include some current thoughts and commentary (below).
This is the LAST week to collect and mail me your original signed petitions to place my name on the official 2018 NRA Board elections ballot.
Your final support and help is needed!
As the nominee, only I can mail in the original petitions to the NRA - all others will be rejected. Please place these in the mail no later than Saturday, 10/01/2017 to me. This will give me time to finalize the count. If you previously sent any forms to me or the NRA, we are at a new and different stage of the process. This stage requires at least 653 signatures of NRA members supporting my nomination by petition.
Previously sent nomination forms are now void – only original NRA member signatures on the official Nomination by Petition forms, mailed by me to the NRA, are valid.
Please download and sign a petition, and consider asking other NRA members you know to also support me.
Please mail all originals to me by 10/01 – DO NOT mail to the NRA (they will be rejected). I have to Express Mail the originals, myself only (NRA rules) by Thursday 10/05/2017.
-- Thanks! Dean
Dean A. Beers
P.O. Box 200030
Evans, CO. 80620-0030
My goal is to get us a long needed seat on the NRA Board representing the investigative and security professions and develop a stronger legislative effort, defend our Constitution and protect our 2nd Amendment.
Please share with your fellow NRA family, friends and colleagues to receive private updates - http://subscribe.DeanBeersNRA.com and as things continue to happen, I will keep everyone advised.
Why our 2nd Amendment Rights should be defined as Civil Rights
I have previously shared the difference between Constitutional Rights and Civil Rights – an important distinction. I have shared how some of our Constitutional Rights are not Civil Rights, and others are. There are important reasons for our 2nd Amendment Rights to be codified as Civil Rights - at all levels of government, from federal and state, to local.
- When you go to pick your children up at school, you are forced to surrender your 2nd Amendment Rights before you drive onto the property – legally, you can’t even disarm in the parking lot.
- When you go to the local post office, you are forced to surrender your 2nd Amendment Rights before you drive onto the property – legally, you can’t even disarm in the parking lot.
- When you go to work, you may be forced to surrender your 2nd Amendment Rights before you drive onto the property – by their policy and legally, you may be prohibited from having a firearm in your vehicle on business property; you can’t even disarm in the parking lot.
- When you go to the local courthouse or other government office – a sign or metal detectors may force you to surrender your 2nd Amendment Rights before entering the building.
- When you go to a local business – a sign may force you to surrender your 2nd Amendment Rights before entering the business.
-- follow this commentary at www.DeanBeersNRA.com/2nd-amendment-blog/why-our-2nd-amendment-rights-should-be-defined-as-civil-rights
-- All blog commentaries are at www.DeanBeersNRA.com/2nd-amendment-blog.html
Every member of the NRA knows our passion, and our NRA membership and support, is more than legislation and our 2nd Amendment – the NRA is about freedoms, civil rights, firearms, civilian and law enforcement / military firearms and non-firearms self-defense, history, conservation and much more. The NRA has over 40 committees for their advocacy of these areas. Legislation is the most important to advocate and defend our Constitution – not just our 2nd Amendment, but from our 1st (speech, assembly and redress of grievances) to our 10th Amendment (states’ rights). I firmly believe, if you believe in our Constitution and Bill of Rights, and the civil rights of others - you believe in the mission of the NRA. Some say it should be the National Rights Association.
This is continued at www.DeanBeersNRA.com/2nd-amendment-newsletter.html
Current activities and Calls for Action of the NRA include:
The following federal and state legislative watches, and pre-drafted letters to your specific elected officials, are found at https://act.nraila.org
- Federal: Urge Your Representative to Support the SHARE Act - https://act.nraila.org/alertdetail.aspx?AlertID=1798
- Federal: Urge Your Congressman to Support the Second Amendment Guarantee Act, H.R. 3576 - https://act.nraila.org/alertdetail.aspx?AlertID=1786
- Federal: Rep. Rob Bishop Introduces the "Lawful Purpose and Self Defense Act" - https://act.nraila.org/alertdetail.aspx?AlertID=1739
- Federal: Legislation Reintroduced to Permanently Dismantle Obama-Era Enforcement Abuse - https://act.nraila.org/alertdetail.aspx?AlertID=1738
- Federal: Urge your US Senators and US Representative to Support Concealed Carry Reciprocity - https://act.nraila.org/alertdetail.aspx?AlertID=1538
- Federal: Congress Needs to Hear from You on the Hearing Protection Act of 2017 - https://act.nraila.org/alertdetail.aspx?AlertID=1422
- Michigan: Urge Committee Members to Protect Second Amendment Rights of Foster Parents - https://act.nraila.org/alertdetail.aspx?AlertID=1797
- California: OPPOSE AJR 24 to oppose national concealed carry reciprocity (above) - https://act.nraila.org/alertdetail.aspx?AlertID=1792
- Wisconsin: Urge Committee Members to Support Mentored Hunting - https://act.nraila.org/alertdetail.aspx?AlertID=1791